Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: agriculture

https://s3.amazonaws.com/omeka-net/2236/archive/files/4b842d3e22618c6f2c2f997a3b1856f9.jpg
Originally called Divide, the town of Colony began as a tavern and later a depot on the Leavenworth, Lawrence, and Galveston railroad. In the early twentieth century, it was known as the "Hay Capital of the World."

https://s3.amazonaws.com/omeka-net/2236/archive/files/a934cb01985a0cd4dbe8c41747488d33.jpg
The town of Bloomington, Kansas, started out as Tilden in 1870 and received its name change three years later. At its peak, around 1930, Bloomington had seventy-five residents and boasted a bank, grocery store, telephone company, restaurant,…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2