Bloomington, Osborne County

Title

Bloomington, Osborne County

Subject

Bloomington: The Lost Town Without Tornadoes, Violent Storms, and Eventually, People

Description

The town of Bloomington, Kansas, started out as Tilden in 1870 and received its name change three years later. At its peak, around 1930, Bloomington had seventy-five residents and boasted a bank, grocery store, telephone company, restaurant, lumberyard, stockyards, and two churches.

Creator

Nathan Mick

Publisher

Chapman Center for Rural Studies

Date

December 12, 2012

Contributor

Kansas State University

Rights

Chapman Center for Rural Studies

Format

PDF

Files

https://s3.amazonaws.com/omeka-net/2236/archive/files/a934cb01985a0cd4dbe8c41747488d33.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/omeka-net/2236/archive/files/048a2f45cb63b6fbedbc514da116dd32.pdf

Citation

Nathan Mick, “Bloomington, Osborne County,” Chapman Center Research Collections, accessed December 15, 2017, http://ccrsresearchcollections.omeka.net/items/show/135.

Geolocation

Social Bookmarking